Opinion by: Khor Pal
BOTH IN THE PRESENT AND IN THE PAST:
- On May 28, 2021, just last week, we heard that Dr. Riek Machar has sent a team to Ulang County, Upper Nile State for a peace talk between Ciekor and Cieguondong, which had been already managed by the Chiefs, Local leaders, and Youth for the last sixth months. But when the team arrived lead by Hon. Wiew Kuon Panyang, the peace ends up as a huge disaster, it claims more than 30 people’s lives, for just in one days.
- In February 2021, there was a misunderstanding in Pangak Community in Jungle State, which was also managed by the local leaders and Chiefs. But when Riek Machar’s soldiers arrived in Pangak, the fighting erupted and one General was killed, many officers and several soldiers were also killed.
- In 2019, General Kor Chuol and General James Ochan Puot had some administrative issues, which could be managed, but when Riek Machar’s delegation arrived in Jekow, Upper Nile State, headed by Hon. Wiew Kuon, the situation had escalated into the full-scale war, which forced General Ochan with no choice but to join the Juba regime.
- In 2020, Riek Machar had abandoned the SPLA/SPLM-IO movement with all his forces, including the Chief of the General Staff Simon Gatwech Dual, and he completely surrounded by the regime, without even a single bodyguard.
- In 1994, Riek Machar himself had mediated Jikany and Lou Nuer peace in Akoba, Jungle State, but he failed and he made the situation worse himself, a thousand and a thousand people had lost their lives.
- In 1991, Riek Machar disagreed with Dr. John Garang De Mabior and he defected from the SPLA/SPLM and he formed the South Sudan independence movement (SSIM). One year later, he signed an agreement with the Khartoum regime. When the agreement collapsed in 1997, he defected and abandoned all his forces to the regime. He appointed General Taban Deng Gai to lead the negotiations team in Nairobi, Kenya. But Taban Deng defected to John Garang for the first time with all the delegations. Then later on Riek Machar had no option, he abandoned his movement, forces and voluntarily surrounded himself to the SPLA/SPLM led by John Garang.
- In 2013, Riek Machar had disagreed with President Salve Kiir at the SPLM National Convention, which led to the December 15, 2013, Nuer Massacre in Juba. In early 2014, Riek Machar had formed the SPLA /SPLM-IO movement and again he had appointed General Taban Deng as the head of the delegations for the SECOND TIME in the peace talks in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia, and also to lead the SPLA/SPLM-IO delegations to Juba.
But when Taban Deng arrived in Juba, the history is REPEATING itself, he took advantage and defected to the regime with huge Delegations, including the high-ranking officers and the heavyweight politicians.
THE EXAMPLE ARE MANY, BUT TO NAME A FEW:
In CONCLUSION: In 2002, it was the FIRST TIME and in 2019, it was the SECOND TIME Dr. Riek Machar Teny had voluntarily surrounded himself. He has abandoned his Objectives, Vision, and Movement. He proved the history is REPEATING itself and the Failure of his leadership, is true and nobody can deny it.
The statements, comments, or opinions published by Ramciel Broadcasting are entirely those of the author (s), which do not by any means represent the views held by the management of Ramciel. Any claims made are the responsibility of the writer(s), and not the staff and the management of Ramciel.
Ramciel reserves the right to moderate, publish or delete a post without warning or consultation with the author(s). If you have any piece of opinion/news/article and you would like to publish by Ramciel kindly, send it to email@example.com. The website protects and keeps the identity of the author confidential unless otherwise, they intend to be made known to the general public.