The clashes between the government forces and SPLA-IO soldiers on Thursday morning in Morota, Central Equatoria may be escalating as the several fighters of IO scattered in the bushes.
According to a press release sent out to the media outlets on Friday morning, SPLM/A-IO military spokesman claims their forces “tactically withdrawn” without providing further details.
“Early this morning at round 5:00AM, East African time, again fighting has been escalated in the same area, as the (SSPDF) forces re-attacked the Morota, the main unified training centre, as I was writing this report, the fighting has been on since morning, as a result, the professional army unit under command of Brig.Gen Peter Wal Chuol, has tactically withdrawn from the base.”
Several SPLM/A-IO fighters on Saturday were seen everywhere in bushes around Morota scattered. Local said they are disturbed by the renewed fighting between the two forces as peace implementation seems to stacked.
Williams blame government of not taking the implementation of the peace process serious.
“Moreover, I think it’s very clear to all those who had previously not been aware of regime’s horrendous plans against the peace agreement in the country.” William Gatjiath said.
In September, SPLM/A-IO Maj. Gen. Moses Lokujo Gabriel defected from the leadership of Dr. Machar and rejoined with president Kiir’s forces. He is now fighting against the IO as he mobilized massive local support against the SPLM/A-IO.