18/06/2020, (JUBA) — after the long wait on the breakthrough of the allocation of States to the parties stakeholders. A leaked report now reveals the possible states governors and administrative areas.
In an agreement by the H.E President Kiir and F.V President Dr. Riek announced yesterday by the Minister in the Office of the President, Hon. Nhial Deng Nhial, the states were allocated as follow,
1. Warrap State
2. Lakes State
3. Central Equatoria
4. Eastern Equatoria
5. Northern Bahr el Ghazel
6. Unity State
7. Upper Nile
8. Western Equatoria
9. Western Bahr el Ghazel
From here the governors are nominated as follows,
THE SPLM-IG (GOVERNMENT) NOMINATED,
1) Hon. Victor Atem Atem Agok—(Warrap State)
2) Gen. Stephen Buay Rolnyang —(Unity State)
3) Hon. Ali Juma Malou —(Central Equatoria)
4) Lt. Gen. Mangar Buong —(Lakes State)
5) Hon. Madam Rita Lobong Lojore-(Eastern E..)
6) Hon. Deng Deng Akuei — (Northern Bhar…)
THE SPLM/A (IO) NOMINATED,
1) Lt. Gen. Johnson Olony Thabo — (Upper Nile)
2) Madam Hon. Grace Joseph —(West. Equ…)
3) Hon. Governor Gen. Salah —(Western Bhar…)
THE SSOA NOMINATED,
1) Hon. Dinay Jock Chagor (Jonglei State)
CHIEF ADMINISTRATIVE AREAS.
1) Abyei — Hon. Sarah Deng Alor Kuol.
2) Greater Pibor — Gen. David Yau Yau.
3) Ruweng — Hon. Mabek Lang.
After the deadlock broken, the states governments are expected to be formed by the governors. The move has however been protested by SSOA members citing that they have not been consulted as they eye Upper Nile State.
In the development, President Kiir has empathised on the seriousness of governors that are to be appointed. He said that the governors should do their work best and should also be new faces. He said while talking to SSBC.