Photo: H.E President of the Republic of South Sudan and Secrutity advisor Hon. Tut Gatluak
18/06/2020, (JUBA) – the Republic of South Sudan’s President, H.E. Salva Kiir Mayardit had on Wednesday, 17th of June 2020 restructured the peace oversight body (committee), formerly known as National Pre-transitional Committee, headed by Hon. Tut Gatluak to National Transitional Committee through an Executive Order.
The National Transitional Committee had replaced the body which had a membership headed by;
- Tut Kew Gatluak, the presidential advisor on security, followed by,
- Minister of Presidential Affairs, Mayiik Ayii Deng,
- Minister of Peace building, Par Kuol,
- Minister of Defense, Angelina Teny,
- Minister of Interior, Paul Mayom Akech, Finance
- Minister Salvatore Garang,
- Minister of Agriculture Josephine Lagu,
- Minister of Wildlife Rizig Zechariah Hassan and,
- Director of Internal Security bureau, Gen. Akool Koor
The new body includes,
- -Tut Gatluak as the Chairperson
- -Nyial Deng Nyial: Deputy Chairperson
- -Stephen Par Kuol: Secretary
- -Angelina Teny: Member
- -Paul Mayom Akech: Member
- -Josephine Lagu: Member
- -Salvatore Garang Mabiordit: Member
- -Akol Koor Kuc: Member
The restructuring was affected by the sacking of Hon. Mayik by the president.
Following last week’s report of Tut Kew’s sacking by the president, Kiir proved to still hold his one of the most trusted allies close. Kiir has also hinted that Tut has nothing for him to be sacked.
Hon. Tut Kew who has also been accused of instigating violence in Mayom and Warrap County had won the president’s trust and he is ready to execute his duties at the peace implementation process.